What is the Importance of a Passport Sticker or Cover?
Many of our customers wonder why their passports are returned with either a sticker or a plastic cover with Travel Visa Pro’s contact information. Therefore, I think it is helpful to explain the reason behind this.
The stickers are used for the following reasons:
- Identification of the passports helps the Embassy familarize itself with what agency submitted the passport. This is extremly helpful when the Embassy needs additional information as a number is ready available for them to contact.
- Allows the Embassy to easily find your passport if we need to make a special request to expedite your service.
- Retrieval of the passport. Visa service companies have their own special window and process to pick up passports. Those bearing a companies makring are kept seperate from the regular public clients.
- Passports without stickers or covers are inadvertnenly mailed out or lost in the Embassy.
- Most Embassies require that the applications submitted by third partys have the same marking as the company submitting. This makes sure there are no mix ups regarding the passports.
- In the unfornuate event the passport is lost while abroad or at an airport, the marking on the passport allows for the passport to be returned to Travel Visa Pro. I cannot tell you how many times this has happened.These are just some of the advantages of having a sticker or a cover, but they’re all very important and we do it for you benefit. Not to deface the passport!