With the continuance of our dissection of the KSA Saudi Arabia work visa process, we have arrived at the stage where applicants must submit a police report. There are many types of police reports, but only some will be accepted by the Saudi Arabian Consulate and others are better to submit. Please have a look below as this guide answers some of the most common questions that we get:
How long is my police report valid?
- Police reports are valid from 6 months of issuance
Where should I obtain a police report?
- You must complete a local/State police check from an agency where you either last resided, hold a drivers license, or paid taxes.
Is there a specific format required for the police report?
- No, but the report must be on the agencies letterhead, signed in ink, and if applicable have the agencies seal.
What information needs to be included in the police report?
- Your report must list either:
- No convictions
- No contest
- Not guilty
- No record found
I have a previous arrest or conviction, what do I do?
- IF you have a criminal record, please contact a member of our team ASAP.
Is an internet based search ok?
- No, we do not accept online reports.
Can I submit a National Criminal Database check?
- No, we do not accept National Criminal Database checks or any other type of background checks.
Are FBI background checks accepted?
- FBI checks are accepted, but you will still need to provide a local check as well.
Are other forms of criminal background checks ever required?
- Consulates reserve the right to request additional information. We will contact you if any additional items are needed.
Stay tuned for our final report coming up next week!