Passport-Style Photograph Regulations
To process your application, you are required to provide identical passport-style photographs. Government Agencies have specific regulations regarding the passport photographs. We recommend the following retailers for passport photographs:
- FedEx Kinko's
- OR consult your local Yellow Pages under "Photographers - Passport"
- Vending machine photos are not generally acceptable.
The following is the list of regulations regarding passport-style photographs:
- 2x2 inches in size
- Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
- Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Taken in normal street attire
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture.
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required.
DIGITIZED PASSPORT PHOTOS
If you choose to submit digitized photos, they must meet the same requirements of all passport photographs. In addition, digitized photographs are always produced on digital printers. Some printers will produce a photograph in which the dots are seen. Visible dots distort the image by making it look grainy. Acceptable photos have a continuous tone image that looks very photo-like.
Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches
from the bottom of the chin
to the top of the head.
Special Walk-in Passport Photos Offer: Stop by our San Francisco office and get your TWO (2) professional Passport Photos for just $15 and in just 10 minutes.
Passport photographs are required
for these services: