Special Brazil Visa Requirements for Minors in New York

New York consulate of Brazil helps with visas for residents of the following states ONLY:  New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Bermuda Islands. Besides regular documents (e.g. Passport, Application, Travel Itinerary, Photo, etc.) required for Brazil Visa, parents must provide the following additional paperwork for their children who are under 18 years of age:

  • Brazil Visa Application/Protocol receiptNOTARIZED* and SIGNED by BOTH PARENTS/GUARDIANS. Please download a sample of completed and notarized Brazil Visa Application. Minors DO NOT sign their visa application
  • Consent/Authorization for Issuance of Brazil Visa for a minor (download here)NOTARIZED* and SIGNED by BOTH PARENTS/GUARDIANS. Visa will not be issued without consent from both parents except following cases:
    • One of the parents is deceased. In this case the death certificate (NOTARIZED* or ORIGINAL must be provided; or
    • One of the parent’s is not listed on the birth certificate; or
    • Divorce Decree or Court Order granting not only full custody, but exclusive parental rights to one of the parents or legal guardians. The NOTARIZED* or ORIGINAL complete document must be presented.
  • Child’s Birth CertificateNOTARIZED* or ORIGINAL copy must be presented.
  • Special documents for children of Brazilian citizens: When one or both parents of a child are Brazilian citizen, Brazil visa will be granted for child only if she/he has not yet been issue a Brazilian birth certificate. Therefore, she/he is not eligible for a Brazilian passport. Only if this is the case, the Brazilian parent(s) can complete:
    • Declaration of Non-citizenship (download here). The NOTARIZED*complete document must be submitted. This declaration states that child has never been registered with any Brazil consulate or in Brazil and, therefore, does not have Brazilian citizenship.
    • Please note if you acquire Brazilian citizenship for your child later, you have to cancel valid Brazil visa.
  • Copies of Parents Driver’s Licenses.

*- NOTARIZED: Notary has to be done within New York consular jurisdiction New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Bermuda Islands and from the same state where child lives. For example, if a child resides in New Jersey, notary has to be from New Jersey, not from Pennsylvania or any other state.