Tanzania has a lot to offer its visitors, from drives in the Serengeti to beautiful beaches along the Dare salaam coast down to hiking Mount Kilimanjaro. But before you can gear up for an adventure, you must acquire a Tanzania visa. Read on for the Tanzania visa requirements regarding the Tanzania visa for U.S. citizens.
Tanzania Visa For U.S. Citizens
Do U.S. citizens require a Tanzania visa before arriving in Tanzania? The answer is yes! You can apply for a Tanzania visa on arrival in the country, which you can process at the airport. However, the delays resulting from these applications can derail your travel plans. That’s because securing such a passport depends on the current immigration policies and the availability of visas.
It is thus best to apply for and get a Tanzania visa online while in your state before departing to avoid such setbacks. Travelers to Tanzania have the option of the following visas:
- Single-Entry Tanzania Visa: This document has a 3-month validity and is ideal for people who want to be in the country for fewer than 3 months.
- Multiple-Entry Tanzania Visa: You can use this Tanzania visa for 12 months. However, you must leave the country and re-enter every 3 months as you cannot remain in the country for 12 uninterrupted months.
- Transit Tanzania Visa: If you will visit Tanzania on your way to another country, you can get this Tanzania visa which has a validity of 7 days.
- Business Tanzania Visa: If you intend to engage in business or gain employment in Tanzania, this is the right document.
If you’re unsure about the right type of Tanzania visa for your travel needs, don’t hesitate to contact us at +1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472). We will ensure that you prepare your documents and apply for the proper entry permit to avoid violating Tanzanian laws and ending up in legal woes.
Tanzania Visa Requirements
Please note that the Tanzania visa requirements to which you are subject will depend on the type of visa application you make. Generally, you will need to provide the following information for each Tanzania visa:
- A valid passport with 6 months validity at the time of entry,
- A recent passport photo (copies and form will depend on the type of visa),
- A complete Tanzania visa application form,
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate if you will enter Tanzania from a country with a yellow fever contamination risk, and
- An onward or return ticket.
Additionally, you must provide specific Tanzania visa requirements for the following visa types:
- Single-Entry Tanzania Visa: You will need to provide a recent passport photo in digital form, visa fees, and a complete declaration form. This visa is available in an e-form, and you can apply for it online.
- Multiple-Entry Tanzania Visa: You must provide proof of sufficient funds and supporting documents that show why you need to visit the country during the 12 months.
- Transit Tanzania Visa: You must provide an onward ticket and a visa fee.
- Business Tanzania Visa: You must prove that your intent lies on the business side by providing a work contract issued within 3 months of the visa application.
In some cases, the immigration office might need more documentation to support your application.
Tanzania Visa Application Form
All Tanzania visa applications accompany an application form of some sort. The details depend on why you are entering the country and how long you wish to stay. Generally, you will need to include:
- Your full name and address (the name should be what appears on your passport. If you have recently changed your name, please talk to us about getting another passport,
- The purpose of travel and supporting documents,
- How long you will stay in the country,
- Whether you have held a Tanzania visa in the past, and
- Where you will be staying.
All this information should be accurate. If you have trouble filling in the details or are unsure what to include, please ask our team to weigh in on this to avoid getting your application thrown out.
Tanzania Visa Cost
Different types of visas incur different non-refundable charges. Moreover, the overall Tanzania visa cost comes down to the processing time and if you will expedite the process. You can always get a direct quote on our website, which breaks down all the costs. Or you can arrange an individual quote by contacting us at +1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472).
Do you need a visa to go to Tanzania?
Travelers to Tanzania can obtain a visa on arrival. However, to be on the safe side and ensure you do not get rejected on arrival, we advise that you process your visa before your departure. That ensures you meet all the entry requirements, allowing you to plan your stay confidently.
How to get a visa to Tanzania?
All travelers to Tanzania must possess a valid passport with at least six months of validity. Moreover, they must have at least one blank visa page and attach two recent passport photos. Travel Visa Pro can help you with the application process, guiding you on what you must include to get visa approval.
How much is a visa to Tanzania?
There are four distinct visa categories, including regular and online business and tourist visas. The number of entries on these visas also varies, as does the processing time. As such, the best way to know how much you will pay for your visa to Tanzania is to contact one of our team members at +1-833-TVP-VISA(887-8472).
How long does it take to get a visa to Tanzania?
You can have your hands on a visa to Tanzania in as few as two days. However, it’s important to note that the time taken to get your visa depends on your visa type and the processing time selected during the application process. You can always expedite your order to reduce the waiting time.