Build your trip
+ Add destination

Requirements Listing

Too complicated?Use Concierge Service

Replace Lost or Stolen U. S. Passport

Losing documents of any kind can be quite frustrating owing to the inconvenience that soon follows. Let us suppose that you have lost your passport or someone stole it from you. The first thing you should do is to report the lost or stolen passport to the authorities. In this way, they will be on the lookout for anyone trying to pass off as you and any criminal acts resulting from its use will not fall on your shoulders.

Having done this, you can then look into the options available to you. At Travel Visa Pro, we offer a variety of services to meet your needs, whether you’ve lost a passport, need to replace an old one, or had a passport stolen. If the passport in question is valid, then you qualify for a replacement. Passport insurance is available to alleviate these costs and get you traveling sooner.


Reporting a Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport


If you’re still in the US when your passport is lost or stolen, contact the nearest Travel Visa Pro and let us know the situation. Most likely you will have to file a police report to document the theft, but whether your passport is lost or stolen, it will also have to be reported to the US Department of State. Travel Visa Pro can take of this on your behalf, and start the process of replacing your passport.

Being abroad when your passport is lost or stolen is a different situation entirely. Though Travel Visa Pro remains at your disposal via email and over the phone, our travel experts are unable to help you in person outside of the United States. You will need to report the theft with local authorities, and locate the nearest US embassy or consulate to obtain an emergency replacement.


Feel free to contact our passport experts at 1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472)


Replace Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport


Once you’re ready to replace your lost or stolen document back in the US, start by completing the DS-11 forms, which you will find online. Ensure that you sign them. Fill in the questions accurately to avoid any challenges at later stages. If you face any problems at this point, one of our agents will take you through the process. You will also need to complete two letters of authorization by hand, allowing us to start on the process on your behalf. In addition to these records, you are also required to bring two passport photos to replace the lost or stolen passport. These images should be recent – taken within six months – and should be an authentic likeness of you.

Proof of citizenship, as well as identity, is also essential and you should provide original documents on the same. We also require that you provide us with a travel itinerary showing that you need to travel in a short time. This will help us replace your lost or stolen passport. With these records at hand, Travel Visa Pro agents will get to work, and you should have your replacement in less than a day.

In the meantime, just remember that any visas in your lost or stolen will have to be reissued or replaced. Some countries may simply charge a re-issue fee for lost travel documents. However, as your visa is tied to your old passport with its number and specific expiration date, new visas are most likely required.

Travel Visa Pro can work with you to fill your pages back up. We can facilitate visas to China, provide assistance with expediting replacement visas, and offer travel insurance to reduce the costs should you lose your passport again.


Choose Your Service

Same day