All Offices closed at least until June 1st, 2020 due to COVID19.

Will I receive back any original documents that were provided with my application (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate, court order, divorce decree, expired passport, etc)? Why can’t I just provide copies?

The State Department does not accept photo or notarized copies of any official, government, or court issued documents. They must be certified copies issued by the appropriate authority. All original documents will be returned along with your new passport. Any previous passports must be submitted in order to be officially cancelled. The old passport will be returned along with the new one.

Get Your New Passport Here