Being in possession of a damaged passport means that you cannot travel out of the country at will and this can be quite an inconvenience where travel plans are already in place. The same also goes in the case of lost passports. At Travel Visa Pro, we work day and night to expedite the replacement of damaged and lost passports. In the case of a lost passport, we ask that you first report the incidence to the authorities before applying for a replacement. You should also look into whether your passport is valid. Where it has not expired, you can continue with the process. Where it has expired, you should get a new passport, and our agents can help you undertake the application. When it comes to damaged passports, you can only get a replacement if the passport in question is valid. If not, you should get a new passport instead. You should also include a statement detailing how you damaged the passport.

Foremost among our standard lost or damaged passport requirements is a statement of loss or damage which will enable the replacement to take place. You also need to complete and sign our letters of authorization to give us the powers we need to undertake the application in your stead. Be sure to provide us with two passport photos taken in the last three months. We also require that you fill in DS 11 forms which you will find online. Our agents will help you through the filling process where you face any challenges.

Other standard lost or damaged passport requirements include proof of citizenship, proof of identity and evidence or urgent travel plans. We will then compile the documents and review them before undertaking the application on your behalf. Thank you!

Replace Your Damaged Passport Here


  • TWO Original Signed Letters of Authorization.

    TWO Original Signed Letters of Authorization. Please print and complete BY HAND, and sign two copies of this document. Photocopies not accepted.

  • Two (2) Identical, Recent (not older than 3 months, no eye glasses allowed) Passport Photographs

    To process your application, you are required to provide identical passport-style photographs (2 x 2 inches in size. Government Agencies have very specific regulations regarding the passport photographs. We recommend visiting professional photographer. Please review samples of well composed photos to avoid passport processing delays. The acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. passport agency. Beginning November 1, 2016, You must take off eye glasses for your U.S. Passport photo.

  • Two (2) copies of New Passport Form (#DS-11). One copy is sealed by acceptance agent, one copy is placed outside of the sealed envelope
    • Please DO NOT SIGN DS-11 until asked to do so by acceptance agent
    • Complete Online – Form DS-11 (click here) – Department of State website will open in a new window. Choose “Apply for Passport Book” and click continue. After completing and printing out the application form in duplicate please print TWO COPIES. PLEASE PRINT OUT AND SUBMIT ONLY ONE-SIDED PAGES OF THE APPLICATION. We will accept only application completed ONLINE (applications not containing the 2D barcode or not accompanied by a duplicate application with the 2D barcode will be placed in suspense). If you wish us to type-up your application, we offer an exclusive concierge service. A $35 convenience fee will be assessed for this service. ORDER YOUR US PASSPORT CONCIERGE SERVICE HERE.
    • We ask you make a copy of the DS-11 or print it twice prior to visiting an acceptance agent. YOU WILL NEED TO PUT A COPY OF UNSIGNED, NON-EXECUTED DS-11 OUTSIDE OF SEALED ENVELOPE.
    • Please put PHYSICAL address as your home and permanent address (DO NOT PUT P.O. BOX). If you put P.O. BOX, your application will be rejected and delayed.
  • Proof of Citizenship

    You must provide ONE of the following:

    • Original Previous U.S. Passport (even if it is expired)
    • Original Birth Certificate issued by state, county or city health department or vital statistics bureau (if born in US), not hospital records. Must be LONG-FORM, not abstract! You can obtain one through National Center of Health Statistics: Order Your Birth Certificate Records. Beginning April 1st, 2011, birth certificates MUST also include the full names of the applicant’s both parents.
    • Original Certificate of Citizenship or FS-240, DS-1350 (if born outside the US)
    • Original Certificate of Naturalization issued by USCIS (former INS).
  • Proof of Identity

    You must provide ONE of the following:

    • Valid Driver’s License w/ photograph issued more than 4 months ago.
    • Alternate Proof of Identity: If you do not poses a driver’s license or a driver’s license that meets the requirements above you may prove your identity with any one of these:
      • Previous U.S. passport
      • Naturalization Certificate
      • Certificate of Citizenship
      • Current, valid Government ID (city, state or federal), OR Military ID
      • NOTE: Your Social Security Card does NOT prove your identity
    • Supplemental Documents which can serve as Proof of Identity: If your driver’s license is brand new (less than 4 months old) OR you do not have a valid driver’s license, military, federal or state ID you may try to provide additional proof of identity to establish your identity, please provide SUPPLEMENTAL PROOF OF IDENTITY DOCUMENTS.
  • FOR DAMAGED PASSPORTS ONLY: Two (2) Copies of Personal Statement of Damaged Passport
    • Fax or photocopies are not acceptable.
    • Please write a detailed statement explaining why or how your current passport was damaged.
  • Payment to Department of State
    • Please write a check payable to “U.S. Department of State” for $170.00 (Passport book only) or $200 (Passport book and Passport card). You should write your date of birth on the MEMO line of the check. You must make a copy of this check and put the copy outside of the sealed envelope. Passport applications received without the copy of a check outside of the sealed envelope will not be submitted. NO EXCEPTIONS!
    • $35.00 Execution fee, you can pay it in cash or by a separate check payable to “Passport Agent” (e.g. USPS). You should write your date of birth on the MEMO line of the check.
    • For a $5 convenience fee Travel Visa Pro will get a check to pay Department of State dues.
  • Copy of Evidence of Immediate Travel

    Copy of airline/ferry/train ticket/itinerary indicating travel to a foreign country in less than 14 days or a foreign travel visa is required within four weeks. If you do not have one, or are driving to Mexico/Canada, or need passport for any other personal or business matter, you have to proof immediate need for your passport. It can be a letter from employer on its letterhead detailing the need for urgent business trip OR a circular from employer mandating a need for each employee to have a valid US passport (e.g. pilots, flight attendants, etc.) OR hotel reservation in Mexico/ Canada OR any other document detailing the rush need for passport. If you do not have any of the above or have doubts, please fill out this statement.

  • GET Your Paperwork Authorized & Sealed by Acceptance Agent

    The Federal Government has established a specific set of rules that outlines exactly how this procedure must occur. Many travelers find this to be a confusing process, so we would like to stick to our basic value and demystify it. If you have any further questions about this process, please feel free to call Travel Visa Pro at (866) 378-1722.
    The sealed envelope process is a way for a government official to verify your identity without requiring that you appear in person at a Passport Agency. Your application materials will be officially sealed into an envelope. Travel Visa Pro will carry this unopened envelope to the Passport Agency on your behalf to expedite issuance of the passport. The law allows that you have a right to have a representative carry this envelope to a Passport Agency as long as you have an urgent need for a passport. Locate the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility

    Please follow these THREE steps to properly authorize and seal your documents:

    FIRST, find the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility, which is usually a Post Office or County Courthouse or similar Government Office. We suggest that you call the Facility 1-800-275-8777 in advance to verify passport acceptance hours.

    SECOND, visit the Passport Acceptance Facility with the items that Travel Visa Pro has listed (please have a copy of each of these documents):
    1. You will need to take two personal checks for the government fees ($35.00 to Acceptance Agent (e.g. USPS) – please note; this fee will increase to $35.00 on April 2, 2018 – and $170.00 (Passport book only) or $200 (Passport book and Passport card) to “U.S. Department of State”), although Post Offices should accept cash.
    2. Do NOT hand your check for Travel Visa Pro to acceptance agent to seal inside the envelope. If it occurs you MUST send new one. Remember that Travel Visa Pro is not allowed to open the envelope either.

    THIRD, ask the Passport Acceptance Facility to seal your materials into an official envelope that you can send to Travel Visa Pro. In sealing the materials, the official will need to check your ID, countersign your application, and in most cases sign your photographs as well. Occasionally, some of the facilities are reluctant to release the sealed envelope. Should you encounter this, please tell the Acceptance Agent that a courier service will deliver the materials to the Passport Agency. This Department of State policy is called “Hand Carrying of Executed Applications“. The policy is detailed on page 31 and 44 of their Acceptance Agent Manual.

    All minors must appear in person. For more info on how to apply for minor ages under 14 and 14 to 17 please read US passport requirements for minors.

  • Mailing Instructions
    Sealed Envelope by Acceptance Agent1. Letter of Authorization (original),
    2. Proof of Citizenship (original, will be returned with new passport),
    3. Proof of Identity (copy),
    4. Evidence of Immediate Travel (copy),
    5. COMPLETED & SIGNED DS-11 (signed).
    6. Two Identical, Recent Passport Photos,
    7. $170.00 (Passport book only) OR $200 (Passport book and Passport card) Payment to US Dept. of State
    8. For Lost/Stolen Passports Completed DS-64
    9. For Damaged Passports Personal statement (original)
    Outside Envelope to be mailed to Travel Visa Pro:1. Letter of Authorization (original),
    2. Proof of Citizenship (copy),
    3. Proof of Identity (copy),
    4. Evidence of Immediate Travel (copy),
    5. COMPLETED �DS-11 (unsigned copy done before execution)
    6. Check to US DEPT OF STATE (copy). You must make a copy of the check and put the copy outside of the sealed envelope. Passport applications received without a copy of a check outside of the sealed envelope will not be submitted. NO EXCEPTIONS!
    7. Payment for “Travel Visa Pro”. Make checks payable to “Travel Visa Pro”.
    8. For Lost/Stolen Passports: DS-64 (copy)
    9. For Damaged Passports: personal statement how/when was damaged (copy).

    We recommend you to send your paperwork via traceable FedEx delivery service to avoid loss of your documents. If we receive your documents before 9:30am PST in San Francisco, 9:00am PST in Seattle, or 7.30 am CST in Houston, we will submit your paperwork to Passport Agency same morning. Only FEDEX FIRST AM Overnight service (no signature required) will deliver that early. If documents received after these cut-off times, we will submit your case the following business day.