Getting a second passport renewal requires that you prove the need to have it renewed. One acceptable circumstance is that you are a frequent traveler who needs to have their passport in two places at a go. Given that this is not possible, the state department allows you to get it renewed. The second acceptable reason is that you have plans to travel to countries where you could face security challenges as a result of the nations you have visited. If any of these reasons apply to your case, then renewal is possible. At Travel Visa Pro, we provide renewal services, and we can expedite the process to within a day. To achieve this, we ask that you comply with the emergency second passport renewal requirements set by the state department.
For one, you must show that the expedition is necessary as any delays could hinder your travels. As such, documents such as plane tickets to foreign countries as well as travel itineraries and other relevant records come into the picture. You should also be in possession of a second passport that is undamaged and unaltered. You will present this passport to us alongside a second passport renewal request form.
The next set of emergency second passport renewal requirements that come into play include two DS 82 forms and two valid recent passport photos. We also ask that you fill in and sign two letters of authorization by hand to give us the powers we need to act in your stead. Our agents are available across the country, and once you submit these documents, they will be in a position to review them and make the appropriate submissions. They will then follow up on the process and ensure that you have your passport within a day. Thank you for choosing us!
- TWO Original Signed Letters of Authorization.
TWO Original Signed Letters of Authorization. Please print and complete BY HAND, and sign two copies of this document. Photocopies not accepted.
- Two (2) Identical, Recent (not older than 3 months, no eye glasses allowed) Passport Photographs
To process your application, you are required to provide identical passport-style photographs (2 x 2 inches in size. Government Agencies have very specific regulations regarding the passport photographs. We recommend visiting professional photographer. Please review samples of well composed photos to avoid passport processing delays. The acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. passport agency. Beginning November 1, 2016, You must take off eye glasses for your U.S. Passport photo.
- Second Passport Renewal Request Form
Second Passport Renewal Request Form
You must use this standard second passport renewal request statement to avoid delays. Please put a passport number of passport which is still valid (NOT EXPIRED) . If second passport is still valid , please put its number. If 10 year passport is still valid, please put its number. If both valid, please put second passport number.
- US Second Passport Renewal Form (#DS-82)
- Application must bear original and genuine signature. Fax or photocopies are not acceptable.
- Complete Online -Form DS-82 – Department of State website will open in a new window. After completing. please print TWO copies on one side of the page.
- Please put Second, the one being renewed, passport number on DS-82 form.
- No handwritten applications are accept by Department of State . Applications, which do not contain the 2D barcode or not accompanied by a duplicate application with the 2D barcode will be placed in suspense). For a $35 convenience, we can replicate and type up your handwritten application on government website. If you wish this service, please let us know.
- Please put PHYSICAL address as your home and permanent address (DO NOT PUT P.O. BOX). If you put P.O. BOX, your application will be rejected and delayed.
- Your Current or Most Recent Second Passport
Please send to us your original second passport even if it is expired
- Payment to US Department of State
- Please write a check payable to “U.S. Department of State” for $60 (if your passport was issued less than 1 year) OR for $170.00 (if your passport was issued more than 1 year ago). You should write your date of birth on the MEMO line of the check.
- A $5 convenience fee is assessed on government agency fees when they are paid by Travel Visa Pro check.
- Copy of Evidence of Immediate Travel
Copy of airline/ferry/train ticket/itinerary indicating travel to a foreign country in less than 14 days or a foreign travel visa is required within four weeks. If you do not have one, or are driving to Mexico/Canada, or need passport for any other personal or business matter, you have to proof immediate need for your passport. It can be a letter from employer on its letterhead detailing the need for urgent business trip OR a circular from employer mandating a need for each employee to have a valid US passport (e.g. pilots, flight attendants, etc.) OR hotel reservation in Mexico/ Canada OR any other document detailing the rush need for passport. If you do not have any of the above or have doubts, please fill out this statement.
- Mailing Instructions
1. Current US Passport (original)
2. TWO Original Signed Letters of Authorization,
3. Letter of Explanation (original)
4. Two Identical, Recent Passport Photos,
5. Evidence of Immediate Travel,
6. COMPLETED & SIGNED DS-82 (original),
7. Payment for “Travel Visa Pro”. Make checks payable to “Travel Visa Pro”.
8. Personal Check or Money Order for $170.00 payable to U.S. Department of State