Given that second passports have a validity of four years, you will find yourself renewing them quite frequently as opposed to your standard passport. At Travel Visa Pro, we understand that the renewal period could catch you at a time when you are unprepared, and we have therefore found means in which you can get your renewal completed within a day. We call these means the next day second passport renewal requirements which our agents can walk you through to ensure that nothing gets in the way of your trip regarding passport renewal.
Renewing a second passport means that you either require your passport in more places than one at a time or that you fear you might face security challenges when traveling. The state department expects that you state the need for renewal and our agents will help you out in explaining your reason if you have any problems in this section. For us to expedite the renewal process, it is crucial that we show the need for urgency. You can help us out by presenting documents such as booking confirmations, letters from your place of work or other records which can show your immediate travel plans. Finally, your current second passport should be in good condition. As such, ensure that it is undamaged and unaltered. It should also be in your possession. Once our agents see that you have met the above qualifications, you will move on to the next set of next day second passport renewal requirements.
The next set involves the presentation of your most current passport, two identical passport photos, and two letters of authorization, two DS 82 forms and a second passport renewal request form. Our agents will then review and submit the documents to the state department. Your renewal should be ready within a day. Thank you!
- TWO Original Signed Letters of Authorization.
TWO Original Signed Letters of Authorization. Please print and complete BY HAND, and sign two copies of this document. Photocopies not accepted.
- Two (2) Identical, Recent (not older than 3 months, no eye glasses allowed) Passport Photographs
To process your application, you are required to provide identical passport-style photographs (2 x 2 inches in size. Government Agencies have very specific regulations regarding the passport photographs. We recommend visiting professional photographer. Please review samples of well composed photos to avoid passport processing delays. The acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. passport agency. Beginning November 1, 2016, You must take off eye glasses for your U.S. Passport photo.
- Second Passport Renewal Request Form
Second Passport Renewal Request Form
You must use this standard second passport renewal request statement to avoid delays. Please put a passport number of passport which is still valid (NOT EXPIRED) . If second passport is still valid , please put its number. If 10 year passport is still valid, please put its number. If both valid, please put second passport number.
- US Second Passport Renewal Form (#DS-82)
- Application must bear original and genuine signature. Fax or photocopies are not acceptable.
- Complete Online -Form DS-82 – Department of State website will open in a new window. After completing. please print TWO copies on one side of the page.
- Please put Second, the one being renewed, passport number on DS-82 form.
- No handwritten applications are accept by Department of State . Applications, which do not contain the 2D barcode or not accompanied by a duplicate application with the 2D barcode will be placed in suspense). For a $35 convenience, we can replicate and type up your handwritten application on government website. If you wish this service, please let us know.
- Please put PHYSICAL address as your home and permanent address (DO NOT PUT P.O. BOX). If you put P.O. BOX, your application will be rejected and delayed.
- Your Current or Most Recent Second Passport
Please send to us your original second passport even if it is expired
- Payment to US Department of State
- Please write a check payable to “U.S. Department of State” for $60 (if your passport was issued less than 1 year) OR for $170.00 (if your passport was issued more than 1 year ago). You should write your date of birth on the MEMO line of the check.
- A $5 convenience fee is assessed on government agency fees when they are paid by Travel Visa Pro check.
- Copy of Evidence of Immediate Travel
Copy of airline/ferry/train ticket/itinerary indicating travel to a foreign country in less than 14 days or a foreign travel visa is required within four weeks. If you do not have one, or are driving to Mexico/Canada, or need passport for any other personal or business matter, you have to proof immediate need for your passport. It can be a letter from employer on its letterhead detailing the need for urgent business trip OR a circular from employer mandating a need for each employee to have a valid US passport (e.g. pilots, flight attendants, etc.) OR hotel reservation in Mexico/ Canada OR any other document detailing the rush need for passport. If you do not have any of the above or have doubts, please fill out this statement.
- Mailing Instructions
1. Current US Passport (original)
2. TWO Original Signed Letters of Authorization,
3. Letter of Explanation (original)
4. Two Identical, Recent Passport Photos,
5. Evidence of Immediate Travel,
6. COMPLETED & SIGNED DS-82 (original),
7. Payment for “Travel Visa Pro”. Make checks payable to “Travel Visa Pro”.
8. Personal Check or Money Order for $170.00 payable to U.S. Department of State