People require second passports for two reasons. You could either be a frequent traveler who needs an extra passport to make traveling more efficient or you could have security concerns over some countries you wish to visit. The state department looks into one’s reasons behind getting one and where your case is valid; they issue you with a second passport. These documents last four years before expiry and as such, the renewal frequency is high and could catch you unawares. At Travel Visa Pro, we handle the renewal of second passports as long as one can meet our urgent second passport renewal requirements. Once you have a second passport, renewing it is not hard as long as you can prove the need to do so.
Top on our list when it comes to urgent second passport renewal requirements is that you should be in possession of a second passport in good condition. As such, ensure that it is not damaged, lost or altered in any way as the state department will look into this. You should also have a valid reason as to why you need it renewed, and this reason should be in line with what the state department deems acceptable. Our agents will help you out if you face any challenges in this regard. You should also prove that you are in a hurry to get the renewal for us to expedite it. Documents such as plane tickets to foreign countries as well as travel itineraries are acceptable.
In addition to these documents, you should present us with two letters of authorization, two valid passport photos, a second passport renewal request form, two DS 82 forms, and your current passport. Our agents will receive and review your documents and where necessary, they will make changes before submitting the records to the state department. You should obtain your passport in a day. Thank you for choosing us!
- TWO Original Signed Letters of Authorization.
TWO Original Signed Letters of Authorization. Please print and complete BY HAND, and sign two copies of this document. Photocopies not accepted.
- Two (2) Identical, Recent (not older than 3 months, no eye glasses allowed) Passport Photographs
To process your application, you are required to provide identical passport-style photographs (2 x 2 inches in size. Government Agencies have very specific regulations regarding the passport photographs. We recommend visiting professional photographer. Please review samples of well composed photos to avoid passport processing delays. The acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. passport agency. Beginning November 1, 2016, You must take off eye glasses for your U.S. Passport photo.
- Second Passport Renewal Request Form
Second Passport Renewal Request Form
You must use this standard second passport renewal request statement to avoid delays. Please put a passport number of passport which is still valid (NOT EXPIRED) . If second passport is still valid , please put its number. If 10 year passport is still valid, please put its number. If both valid, please put second passport number.
- US Second Passport Renewal Form (#DS-82)
- Application must bear original and genuine signature. Fax or photocopies are not acceptable.
- Complete Online -Form DS-82 – Department of State website will open in a new window. After completing. please print TWO copies on one side of the page.
- Please put Second, the one being renewed, passport number on DS-82 form.
- No handwritten applications are accept by Department of State . Applications, which do not contain the 2D barcode or not accompanied by a duplicate application with the 2D barcode will be placed in suspense). For a $35 convenience, we can replicate and type up your handwritten application on government website. If you wish this service, please let us know.
- Please put PHYSICAL address as your home and permanent address (DO NOT PUT P.O. BOX). If you put P.O. BOX, your application will be rejected and delayed.
- Your Current or Most Recent Second Passport
Please send to us your original second passport even if it is expired
- Payment to US Department of State
- Please write a check payable to “U.S. Department of State” for $60 (if your passport was issued less than 1 year) OR for $170.00 (if your passport was issued more than 1 year ago). You should write your date of birth on the MEMO line of the check.
- A $5 convenience fee is assessed on government agency fees when they are paid by Travel Visa Pro check.
- Copy of Evidence of Immediate Travel
Copy of airline/ferry/train ticket/itinerary indicating travel to a foreign country in less than 14 days or a foreign travel visa is required within four weeks. If you do not have one, or are driving to Mexico/Canada, or need passport for any other personal or business matter, you have to proof immediate need for your passport. It can be a letter from employer on its letterhead detailing the need for urgent business trip OR a circular from employer mandating a need for each employee to have a valid US passport (e.g. pilots, flight attendants, etc.) OR hotel reservation in Mexico/ Canada OR any other document detailing the rush need for passport. If you do not have any of the above or have doubts, please fill out this statement.
- Mailing Instructions
1. Current US Passport (original)
2. TWO Original Signed Letters of Authorization,
3. Letter of Explanation (original)
4. Two Identical, Recent Passport Photos,
5. Evidence of Immediate Travel,
6. COMPLETED & SIGNED DS-82 (original),
7. Payment for “Travel Visa Pro”. Make checks payable to “Travel Visa Pro”.
8. Personal Check or Money Order for $170.00 payable to U.S. Department of State