Colombia boasts biodiversity, making it a good destination for anyone who wants to bathe in the wonders of nature. And for U.S. travelers, the deal is quite sweet. You can travel to Colombia without a Colombia visa if you want to be in the country for 90 or fewer days. How great is that! Moreover, if you wish to extend your stay in Colombia without a Colombia visa, you can do so for an additional 90 days. But to get approval for such an extension, you must comply with the Colombia visa requirements.
Colombia Visa For U.S. Citizens
Many types of Colombia visas are available to U.S. applicants, and you must thus check what applies to your travel needs.
- Visitor Visas/ Tourist Visas: These Colombia visas for U.S. citizens, which have a validity of 90 days, apply to people who are transiting via Colombia, visiting the country, or engaging in short-term business deals. They also cover people undertaking education, medical, volunteer, and journalistic activities. You can extend this visa for up to 2 years depending on whether the immigration department okays your extension.
- Migrant Visas: These visas are valid for 3 years and apply to people who plan to be in Colombia for a considerable while. You can apply for one if you are embarking on investment, marriage, work, education, and other pursuits that require more than 90 days.
- Resident Visas: These only apply to people who have previously held a migrant visa, had a Colombian child, invested a lot in Colombia, or were previously Colombian citizens. If you tick any of these boxes, you can apply for one.
How about transit Colombia visas? You will not need such a visa if you are connecting via Colombia. However, you must prove that you have an onward ticket and a valid U.S. passport to connect via Colombia.
Colombia Visa Requirements
We should note that Colombia visa requirements are not standard as they depend on the type of visa you wish to get. For the most part, you should comply with the following Colombia visa requirements:
- You must have a valid passport with 6 months of validity,
- The passport must have at least one blank passport page. However, travelers enrolled in the Migración Automática program do not need to meet this requirement,
- If transiting through or coming from a country with a yellow fever transmission risk, you should present a yellow fever vaccination certificate,
- You must have passport photos taken in the last 3 months against a white background,
- You must have proof of sufficient funds (bank statements, pay slips, etc.),
- You must have a flight itinerary,
- You should show proof of accommodation, and
- You must have supporting documents for your visit to Colombia (e.g., event invitation letters, invitation letters from host companies or friends, etc.)
Please note that the immigration authorities are at liberty to request more information as they see fit. Our agents will take you through the guidelines for your choice of a Colombia visa.
Colombia Visa Application Form
The details of the Colombia visa application form will depend on why you want to visit the country. Generally, you must indicate:
- Your details – name, nationality, age, address, passport details, etc.,
- The type of visa you need,
- Supporting documents for your proposed visit – e.g., an invitation to attend an event, bank slips for proof of funds, and any other documents requested by the immigration department.
- If you have been in Colombia before, if you have ever applied for a visa, and if you have ever had your Colombia visa application rejected,
Please note that your documents should be in Spanish when submitting a Colombia visa application. You will need to have your English documents translated and certified before submitting them as supporting documentation. Travel Visa Pro provides these services alongside our Colombia visa processing services. You can get everything done under one roof.
Colombia Visa Cost
The Colombia visa cost comprises two stages. You are liable to pay a fee upon applying for your Colombia visa and receiving it. Moreover, the price varies based on the type of visa you want to acquire and how fast you would like to receive it. Our agents, who you can reach at +1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472), can advise you more regarding the Colombia visa price. We can also arrange a quote for you.
How to get a visa to Colombia?
U.S. travelers to Colombia do not need a visa when traveling for tourist or business reasons. Their passports afford them a stay of up to 90 days. If you wish to stay longer or are traveling for another reason, you will need to get a visa by providing a valid passport and related requirements.
How much is a visa to Colombia?
Generally, U.S. travelers do not need visas to travel to Colombia for tourist or business reasons spanning 90 or fewer days. If you will stay longer or need to travel for another reason, please reach out to us at +1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472) and we will give you an individual quote based on your travel needs.
How long does it take to get a visa to Colombia?
Please note that U.S. citizens generally don’t need a Colombian visa when traveling for business or tourist purposes that take fewer than 90 days. However, if you will stay longer than this or have other travel needs, please reach out to us at +1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472) and we will provide you with an individual timeframe.