Monuments, pyramids, incredible civilization stories- Egypt has it all. No wonder it has grown to be one of the most popular destinations for U.S. travelers. And while you might want to start booking a flight and packing a bag right now, you must ensure your plans comply with the Egypt Visa requirements.
Egypt Visa For U.S. Citizens
Does Egypt Visa for U.S.citizens is necessary to enter Egypt? The answer is a resounding yes! U.S. travelers must obtain an Egypt Visa through the following means:
- On arrival: You can depart the United States and arrive in Egypt without an Egypt Visa and process one once you have arrived. However, you do not have a guarantee of getting your visa approved and can get turned away. It’s best to apply for an Egypt visa online so you can rest assured that you will enter the country. Furthermore, you don’t need to stand in long queues after arriving in the country while waiting for the immigration officials to review your application.
- Online: Getting an Egypt visa has become much easier as you can apply online. To get an Egypt visa online, you must fill out the application form and pay the relevant fees. You will also need to upload supporting documents. Travel Visa Pro has a website through which you can apply for a visa online, allowing you to know your travel status before leaving the country.
- Via the Egypt embassy or consulate: This is the ideal option if you are not eligible for online or on-arrival Egypt visa applications. Travel Visa Pro can help you to process your visa in this way. We will guide you on what to include in the application and take care of the submission process. You should have your regular Egypt visa in the mail soon.
We advise that you get your Egypt visa before leaving to ensure entry into Egypt. And we offer online and regular visas on our website. Egypt Visas fall into the following categories, and you must choose the one that applies to your purpose. These are:
- Tourist visas: These are short-term travel documents that allow you to stay in Egypt for a maximum of 90 days. You can apply for one on arrival or online. But if you would like to extend your stay in the country, you must go through the Egyptian embassy.
- Business visas: These visas apply to people who want to engage in business while in the country. You will need to prove that your visit’s purpose relates to business activities.
Transit visas are only necessary if you will be transiting for more than 48 hours. In that case, you will need to obtain a visa per immigration laws.
Egypt Visa Requirements
Wondering what you need to secure an Egypt Visa? All U.S. applicants must have:
- A valid passport with 6 months validity and at least one blank page,
- A complete Egypt visa application form,
- 2 passport pictures taken in the last 3 months,
- A return or onward ticket, and
- Proof of accommodation.
The rest of the Egypt Visa requirements will depend on the type of visa you wish to obtain and the process chosen. These include:
- Proof of nationality if you wish to obtain a visa on arrival. Not all countries are eligible for such visas, but you can get one if you are from the United States.
- A travel itinerary showing when you will arrive and depart from the country,
- A hotel reservation or a tour schedule (the latter applies to tourists), and
- A letter of invitation from the host company (if you will be traveling for business engagements).
We should add that this list of Egypt Visa requirements is not exhaustive, and you may need more supporting documents for your application. You can always consult our agents at +1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472) to get clarity on this.
Egypt Visa Application Form
The information in your Egypt visa application form will determine if your application will succeed. You will need to input:
- Your details (name, address, etc.) and supporting documents,
- Details of your passport and the passport (in physical or electronic form based on the application mode),
- The purpose of your visit,
- How long you will stay in the country, and
- How you will receive the visa.
Please note that the details will depend on the application mode. For example, people applying via the embassy may be subject to more requirements and will thus have more information to fill out. Using our concierge services, you can skip the hassle of filling out the Egypt visa application form.
Egypt Visa Cost
You will be subject to an Egypt visa cost in any of the application modes. The overall cost will depend on the current fees charged by the immigration department and the service costs incurred during processing. You can get an accurate breakdown via our website before making an application.
How to get a visa to Egypt?
U.S. citizens can obtain a tourist visa on arrival in Egypt. However, since immigration officials have occasionally turned away visitors, it is best to process your visa while in the USA. You can do so by providing proof of travel and a valid passport that will remain valid for 6 months past the exit date.
How much is a visa to Egypt?
The Egypt visa charges depend on the type and validity of the visa chosen, and how fast you would like to receive your visa. The latter factor affects the service fee charged on each visa application. Moreover, we also offer additional services that could affect the total visa cost. Get an exact quote at +1-833-TVP-VISA(887-8472).
How long does it take to get a visa to Egypt?
Did you know that you can expedite your visa application to avoid long waiting periods that could delay your travel plans? On average, visa applications take between a few days to about a week. But you can skip the long lines and get yours as soon as possible by reaching out to us at +1-833-TVP-VISA(887-8472).
Choose Your Service