Get visa to ETHIOPIA
If you’re into archaeology, exploring the historical sites in Ethiopia would be a dream come true. And even if that’s not your idea of a good time, there are several other things you can do in the country. Ethiopia boasts natural landscapes, beautiful people, fascinating cultures, and countless festivals. And to be part of all this excitement, you must secure an Ethiopian visa.
Ethiopia Visa For U.S. Citizens
U.S. citizens are not exempt from securing an Ethiopian visa. However, if you hold a diplomatic or service passport from the U.S., you can enter the country without an Ethiopia visa and stay for up to 90 days. If not, you should consider getting an Ethiopia visa, which you can do online, on arrival, or via the Ethiopian embassy.
The Ethiopia visa for U.S. options include:
- Tourist visas: These Ethiopia visas are ideal for people who want to explore Ethiopia or engage in non-business activities. Examples include visiting family and seeking medical attention.
- Business visas: If you will engage in business activities during your stay in Ethiopia, this is the right choice. These visas apply to people engaging in conferences, government/ official duties, work engagements, etc. Please note that there are many categories under business visas, and you must thus choose one that aligns with your purpose.
- Transit visas: These apply to people who wish to explore Ethiopia on their way to another destination. If you are transiting through Ethiopia, you should get one to allow you to leave the airport during your stay in the country.
Did you know that you can get an Ethiopia visa on arrival? However, doing so will force you to line up in queues, and your visa acquisition is highly dependent on the immigration policies at the time. Moreover, you can get rejected even after arriving in the country. That’s why we advise you to get an Ethiopian visa online. You will know the status of your travel even before leaving the country and can avoid incurring flight charges only to be turned away upon arrival.
Ethiopia Visa Requirements
For the most part, all U.S. applicants must possess:
- A valid passport with at least 6 months validity and a blank passport page, and
- A yellow fever certificate if traveling from a country with yellow fever transmission risk,
- Proof of travel, e.g., a flight confirmation, and
- Passport pictures taken in the last 3 months or a scanned digital photo (depending on the mode of Ethiopia visa application).
The above are the standard documents you will need. However, you may be subject to the following extra requirements if traveling for business reasons:
- A letter of invitation from the host company which should be addressed to the department of immigration in Ethiopia,
- Business registration details and taxpayer identification details of the host company,
- A contract between you and the host company if traveling on a work visa, and
- A support letter from the ministry of foreign affairs if traveling as a journalist.
The Ethiopia visa requirements will vary, and if you are unsure what to include in your application, please ask our agents to step in and help.
Ethiopia Visa Application Form
You can get an Ethiopia visa on arrival, online, or via the Ethiopian embassy. You will need to include the following details in your application:
- The visa type,
- Your travel details – arrival and departure dates, accommodation, purpose, etc.,
- Applicant details – name, address, age, etc., and
- Supporting documents (in compliance with the relevant Ethiopia visa requirements).
We also offer concierge services where an expert can fill in the Ethiopia Visa application form on your behalf and attach the necessary documents. All you will need to do is wait for the visa to arrive at your doorstep or email address (as specified in the submission).
Ethiopia Visa Cost
Once you have filled in the above details in your Ethiopia visa application form, you will be subject to visa processing fees. These will depend on the nature of your Ethiopian visa. Moreover, you will need to factor in the service costs, which depend on how long it takes to process the visa. Please contact us at +1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472) or fill in your details on our website and get a quote.
Do you need a visa to go to Ethiopia?
The Ethiopia immigration office requires all foreigners to have a valid visa when entering the country. Please note that you cannot obtain a visa on arrival, and it is thus advisable to process one before you leave your country. Travel Visa Pro can help you secure a tourist or business visa to Ethiopia.
How to get a visa to Ethiopia?
All Ethiopian visa applications must accompany a valid passport that will be valid 6 months past the date of entry. The passport must have at least one blank visa page. Additionally, you must have proof of travel showing your departure and arrival dates. Travel Visa Pro is here to help you with your application.
How much is a visa to Ethiopia?
The costs of obtaining a visa to Ethiopia are not standard as they depend on the type of visa you choose which influences the embassy fees. The number of entries on the visa and the preferred processing period also affect the total cost. Our experts, reachable at +1-833-TVP-VISA(887-8472), can advise you on the applicable figure.
How long does it take to get a visa to Ethiopia?
Processing visas to Ethiopia takes a matter of a few days to a week on average. However, the time taken to process your specific visa will depend on the visa you choose, and the processing period selected during the application process. You can always rush your order if you have imminent travel plans.
Choose Your Service
Fastest E-Visa to ETHIOPIA
Business visa to ETHIOPIA
Tourist visa to ETHIOPIA