Build your trip
+ Add destination

Requirements Listing

Too complicated?Use Concierge Service

Get visa to KYRGYZSTAN


You are permitted to enter the country for tourism for up to 60 days without a visa.
It is not possible to get a visa in the Kyrgyz Republic if you originally entered the country without a visa. If you think you may spend more than 60 days in the Kyrgyz Republic, you should get a visa from the Kyrgyz Embassy in the United States or Canada before you travel, or on arrival at the airport in Bishkek. The visa can be extended at the Consular Department of the Kyrgyz Ministry of Foreign Affairs, located at 66 Razzakova Street in Bishkek.
If you travel to the Kyrgyz Republic in any religious capacity, you must register with the State Commission on Religious Affairs and obtain a visa prior to arrival if planning to stay longer than 60 days.
Journalists traveling to the Kyrgyz Republic for work should obtain the appropriate visa at the nearest Kyrgyz Embassy prior to their arrival. In addition to visas, journalists are also required to register their stay and receive Ministry of Justice approval in order to conduct press activities in country.
If traveling in the Kyrgyz Republic and transiting through Russia, you may need a Russian visa to transit through Russia. If you plan on using Kazakhstan as a transit point, you should review Kazakhstan Country Specific Information regarding Kazakh visa regulations before traveling.
For the most up-to-date visa information and information regarding entry/exit requirements, contact the Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The Kyrgyz Republic now requires all visitors staying longer than 60 days to register with the State Registration Service. Additional information on the registration process can be found on the website for the Kyrgyz State Registration Service.
Travelers who have overstayed the 60-day visa-free period must pay an administrative fine of 10,000 som and receive an exit visa prior to departure. Fines should be paid at designated banks and the receipt should be submitted to a police station in the district of the traveler’s residence. The police station issues the traveler a letter addressed to the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with a request to issue an exit visa to the traveler. Please note this process may be time consuming and take up to 10 business days to get an exit visa. The process cannot be completed at the airport at the time of departure.