There’s a lot you can enjoy in Turkey, from the amazing shopping experiences down to the creative nooks where you can find the most fantastic eateries. That’s why many people travel to or transit through this country as they seek the thrill of new experiences. To do so, you must get a Turkey visa, as U.S. citizens cannot access a visa on arrival. However, those traveling on cruise ships can access the country for 72 hours without a Turkey visa. Please note that this access depends on whether the authorities at the port of entry allow you to enter the country. To avoid not knowing if you can visit Turkey while in transit, it’s best to get a Turkey visa online and enjoy some peace of mind.
Do You Need a Visa to Go to Turkey?
You need a visa to visit Turkey. Turkey’s entry requirements for US citizens include various documents that you need to carry during travel. There are three ways to get a visa for Turkey from The USA. You can get the Visa online, On arrival, or from the embassy.
US citizens are advised to use the e-visa system as it is the quickest and most convenient way to apply for a Turkey visa. US citizens are not required to appear for an interview at the embassy or wait in queue for Visa Stamp on arrival at the airport.
Turkey Entry Requirements for US Citizens
To get the Turkey Visa For US citizens, visitors must have the following documents:
- A passport valid for 6 months from the date of arrival.
- E mail address to receive eVisa
- A debit or credit card to pay the visa fees
Visitors must meet the eligibility criteria for Turkey Visa. You’ll be asked some questions such as the purpose of the visit, minimum fund requirements, and passport validity.
Ensure the information you entered on the e-Visa application is accurate and matches the information on the documents to confirm the validity of their Visa.
The visitor should use the same passport in the application process for traveling to the same nation after arrival.
Turkey Visa For U.S. Citizens
U.S. travelers can apply for two types of Turkey visas:
- The e-visa: This Turkey visa enables you to enter the country for tourism or business activities in the short term. If you want to engage in other activities or stay for a long while, you should apply for a sticker Turkey visa for U.S. citizens.
- The sticker visa: This visa is best for people who want to work, study, or engage in other activities outside business or tourism. These types of visas are processed via the Turkish embassy or consulate.
The validity and number of entries according to these types of visas are different. You can talk to one of our agents about how long and why you wish to stay in Turkey, and they can advise you on the most suitable option.
Turkey Visa Requirements
Please note that Turkey visas fall under different categories. These include:
- Business or tourist visas: These work for people who want to visit the country or will be in the country to attend a business meeting, conference, or any activity that falls into business or tourism. These are the most common visas.
- Education visas: If you want to engage in educational activities, this is the right visa. It also applies to interns and people participating in short courses.
- Work visas: Suppose you want to gain meaningful employment in Turkey. You will need to get this visa, which allows you to earn an income while in the country.
Other visas include medical treatment, freight, family unification, etc. As such, you must detail your purpose for securing a visa when making a Turkey visa application. That way, we can guide you on the best type of visa to help you remain within the bounds of the law.
The Turkey visa requirements are as follows:
- You must have a valid passport with at least 6 months of validity past the date of entry in Turkey. Moreover, the passport should have a blank page to account for entry and exit stamps.
- You must provide a passport photo. If you’re getting a sticker visa, you will need two identical recent passport photos, while e-visa applicants must provide a digital photo.
- You must show that you have booked accommodation for your stay. It can be a hotel reservation or an invitation letter by a host in the country.
- You must show proof of sufficient funds, e.g., bank statements, salary slips, letter of support, etc.
- You must have a flight itinerary.
In some cases, you might need to provide travel medical insurance, guarantee letters, letters of business registration, etc. We will advise you based on your purpose of travel to ensure you are all set.
Turkey Visa Application Form
Filling in the Turkey visa application form is pretty straightforward. Generally, you need to include:
- The applicant details (name, date, and place of birth, citizenship, country of residence, I.D. number, etc.),
- Applicant parents’ details,
- The type of passport you hold,
- The kind of visa you want to acquire,
- How long you will stay in the country,
- If you have ever applied for a Turkey visa in the past, and
- If you have been to Turkey in the past.
You must review all your answers to ensure they comply with the Turkey visa laws. Otherwise, your application can be rejected, and you will not get your money back. Moreover, rejections hamper your chances of securing another Turkey visa as you must explain why you have previously not gained entry into the country. You can avoid such mistakes by relying on our concierge services, where an expert fills in the required forms and submits them on your behalf.
Turkey Visa Cost
Sticker Turkey visa cost differ from those of e-visas. Additionally, we charge service fees to cater to visa processing and offer a hoard of other services to streamline your application. You can reach us at +1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472) to get an individual quote for the price based on the visa you want and how fast you want it. Alternatively, you can get the quote by entering your details on our website and choosing the visa type and processing time.
How to get a visa to Turkey?
Turkish immigration laws dictate that all visitors to Turkey must have a valid passport that will be valid for two months past the date of exit. The said passport must also have a blank visa page. Travel Visa Pro has handled tons of Turkish visa applications and can help you get one in time.
How much is a visa to Turkey?
Ready to get a visa to explore Turkey? The costs incurred depend on the type of passport you choose, its validity and number of entries and the length of your allowed stay in Turkey. Please note that both embassy and service fees are applicable in the final cost. Get an exact quote at +1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472).
Choose Your Service