English is a foreign language in Liechtenstein. Therefore, U.S. travelers to Liechtenstein must translate their documents into German to enhance smooth transactions while in the country. Other than translation, U.S. citizens must authenticate their documents with an apostille Liechtenstein. We walk you through the apostille process, who needs an apostille, and where you can get one in just a few days:
The Importance of Apostille for U.S. Documents in Liechtenstein
The stamps, seals, and signatures on official documents issued in the United States are considered valid in the United States. But when you cross the border, the people handling the documents cannot verify if the stamps, seals and signatures are authentic. This doubt can hamper business and other transactions across borders.
Countries have two ways of addressing this problem. The first is authentication and legalization, which applies to countries not part of the Hague Convention of 1961. Under this authentication method, travelers must have their documents verified by U.S. officials and the embassy of the country they wish to visit. The process is often long and hard to understand for most travelers.
The second method is the Liechtenstein apostille. This certification was introduced to address the problems faced in authentication and legalization. It dates to the 1961 Hague Convention, and countries like the United States and Liechtenstein have adopted it. It is a document issued by a competent authority to validate the stamps, seals and signatures on an official document. It is important in any of the following cases:
- When you want to use a state-issued document across borders, e.g., a birth certificate,
- When you want to use a federal document across borders, e.g., a trademark or FBI background check, and
- We want to use a document issued by an authority recognized in the United States across borders, such as a diploma or an article of incorporation.
Such documents, which are considered public records in Liechtenstein, require an apostille Liechtenstein. The apostille details where the document was issued, who signed the document, the authority of the person who signed the document, and when and where you got the apostille. Anyone reading the apostille can trace its origin and validate its authenticity.
Must you get an apostille Liechtenstein? You will need to get an apostille when transacting official business for the following reasons:
- It validates the integrity of a document. An illegal or misleading document is not eligible for an apostille. Therefore, having an apostille establishes the authenticity of your documents.
- It does away with the need for extra legalization procedures and allows you to transact immediately after you land in Liechtenstein.
Finally, having an apostille enables you to establish trust between you and the people who are handling the documents. So, the apostille is important whether you’re trying to enroll in a school, start a business or even get married.
How to Obtain an Apostille for Your U.S. Documents for Liechtenstein
The apostille process takes place at the Secretary of State or the U.S. Department of State. Below is the process you should follow to get one:
- Verify the competent authority: You can get an apostille Liechtenstein from the Secretary of State if your document was issued in the state. However, you can only get the apostille in the state where the document was issued. So, if your certificate is from California, you must go to California to get an apostille. If your document was issued by the Federal Government, you should get your apostille from the U.S. Department of State. The document must be on an agency letterhead and must have been executed by a U.S. federal agency.
- Get your documents notarized: You should appear before a notary public to notarize all the documents that need a Liechtenstein apostille. Not having a notarization or having the wrong notarization amounts to the disqualification of your request.
- Certify your documents: The secretary of state and the U.S. Department of State will only accept documents that are true certified copies. You can certify your documents at the Secretary of State if they are court or federal documents. But if they are state-issued documents, you can have them certified before a notary public.
- Translate your documents: Liechtenstein uses German as an official language. While some people speak English, it is a secondary language introduced in the second half of the 20th century. It is, therefore, in your best interests to translate your documents by getting a certified translation.
- Submit your documents: Verify that your documents meet apostille requirements and submit them to the competent authority in person or by mail.
It will be about five weeks before you get a Liechtenstein apostille. The process can last longer if there are many applications.
Simplify Your Document Legalization with Apostille for Liechtenstein
Can you get an apostille Liechtenstein without waiting weeks or dealing with complicated steps? The answer is a whooping yes! Travel Visa Pro offers Liechtenstein apostille services across 50 states with the following advantages:
- We are fast: We offer standard and rush processing options that only take days to complete. You won’t have to wait weeks wondering when you will get your apostille.
- We are professional: All apostille orders go through our in-house experts, who review each case independently.
- We are nationwide: State apostilles must be processed in the state where the documents were issued. We have offices across the country and can apostille a document anywhere.
And to make the deal even better, our Liechtenstein apostille order process is simple.
- You submit an order through our website and let us know the document type, where you will use it, and when you need it.
- Our team reviews the order and lets you know where to send the document and what requirements you should meet.
- You get an apostille delivered to your address within the time you choose when making the application.
And in under a week, you have a Liechtenstein apostille that will open business, work, academic, and even social doors.