Are you thinking of taking some time off and heading to one of the most beautiful countries in the world? Who can blame you? The Maldives is a top choice for anyone who wants to breeze by the beach and enjoy unbelievable scenery as they sip on some cold drinks. But do you need a Maldives visa to do this? Well, the answer depends.
The Maldives is quite a popular destination, and the immigration department allows U.S. travelers to get a Maldives visa on arrival. This visa has a validity of 30 days. However, you should note that not everyone gets 30 days as the timeframe depends on the assessment on arrival. If you would rather avoid finding out when in the country, we advise getting a regular Maldives visa with an extended stay.
Maldives Visa For U.S. Citizens
There are various kinds of Maldives visas available for U.S. applicants:
- On-Arrival Maldives visas: These come at no cost to you and are valid for 30 days (can be less than this for some applications). They apply to people arriving by plane and boat for tourism purposes. You can apply for an extension which is subject to the decision of the department of immigration and emigration. If you get one, you can extend your stay for up to 90 days. Please note that you can face fines and detention if you overstay your Maldives visa for U.S. citizens by over 60 days without a valid extension.
- Tourist visas: If you want to tour the Maldives for a long time, securing a regular visa with a longer validity is best. The checks associated with these Maldives visas are more than those for the no-cost visas, but they come with higher privileges.
- Business visas: If you want to travel for business reasons, you should get this visa as you cannot use the previous one for this purpose.
What visa do you require for your Maldives trip?
Maldives Visa Requirements
The Maldives visa requirements depend on the type of visa you want. Please refer to the following guidelines, keeping in mind that your Maldives visa application may have more requirements.
1. On-Arrival and Tourist Maldives visas: You must have:
- A valid passport that has 6 months of validity left from the date of departure from the Maldives,
- One blank passport page,
- Yellow fever vaccination if you will arrive from a region with yellow fever contamination risk,
- Proof of sufficient funds,
- Proof of accommodation, and
- An onward or return flight ticket.
2. Business visas: You must present:
- The Maldives visa requirements above,
- A scanned colored copy of your passport,
- A complete Maldives visa application form,
- A passport photo taken recently,
- A letter from your sponsor,
- Medical insurance, and
- Any other supporting documents not mentioned above.
The requirements are different for marriage, work, and other visas. Thus, you can let us know why you want to travel to the Maldives, and we will let you know what’s best for you.
Maldives Visa Application Form
If you’re getting an on-arrival Maldives visa, you will only need to show proof of accommodation, sufficient funds, and a flight itinerary. You will then secure a permit. But if you want any other kind of visa, you will need to include more details such as:
- The purpose of the trip and supporting documents, and
- How long you want to stay.
The requirements vary case-by-case, and our experts can advise you on the best move for you.
Maldives Visa Cost
Please note that on-arrival Maldives visas are free. However, you will be subject to a Maldives visa fee if you wish to extend your stay. Moreover, regular visas come at a charge, exclusive of TVP’s service and processing fees. You can get an accurate Maldives visa price quote by contacting us at +1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472).
How to get a visa to Maldives?
Longing to travel to Maldives? You need a valid passport, a return/ onward ticket, and proof of sufficient funds. Please note that the passport must be valid for 6 months past the date of entry and have one blank visa page. Our team, reachable at +1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472), can advise you on the way forward.
How much is a visa to Maldives?
We strive to make the visa application process as smooth as possible for all travelers to the Maldives and thus offer a tiered fee system. Thus, you get to choose how much you pay for your visa by selecting how soon you want the visa and paying the applicable immigration and service fees.
How long does it take to get a visa to Maldives?
The visa application time is quite varied as it depends on the type of visa chosen. Moreover, it corresponds to the processing time chosen during the application. Your process can take a few days or a week. If you want to get your visa sooner, you can expedite it by reaching us at +1-833-TVP-VISA (887-8472).